Abductors of passengers of attacked Abuja-Kaduna train have released new pictures of the victims.
On March 28, when the train was attacked between Abuja and Kaduna, no fewer than eight passengers were killed.
In one of the pictures, women and kids were seen seated on the floor and in another picture there were some men, including a white standing and the other half seated.
A member of one of the victims’ families, Abdulfatai Jimoh, said the the pictures were just released online by the gunmen, who abducted them.
According to him: “Yes, the pictures are true. They are pictures of the victims. I have seen them. One is that of the men while the othere one is that of women and children. The families are still praying that the victims would return safely.”
He said the kidnappers have reached out to the families of the victims to demand various amount of money as ransom, from N5 million to N100 million before their release.
The bandits are also said to be demanding the release of 16 of their top commanders and sponsors in government custody in exchange for the hostages.
One of the victims, an Acting Managin Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), Alwan Hassan, was released by the gunmen, who said he was freed because of his old age.
Earlier, video clip of the victims in captivity had been released by the gunmen, where they were appealing to the Federal Government to come to their rescue.
The release of the video had forced the victims’ families to issue a 72-hour ultimatum to the government to bring back their loved ones safely.
The government said it would not relent to reunite the victims with their families.